Thursday, January 13, 2011

101 Great Films

I love movies.
I have since I went to the Drive– in  with my parents to see Support your local Sheriff.
Since then I have watched, god only knows, but a safe guess is 1,000 movies, that may be more about me pushing 50  than  watching  a lot of films! 
For this segment of my Self- Indulgent Blog, I’m going to list my 101 favorite films.
I think I understand films, and I think I know why I like something, but I’m not a critic, or an academic just a movie fan,  So here is my list;  Of course if I did this list next year it might be totally different that’s why its  self- indulgent.
# 101
1992’s independently produced One False Move stars Bill Paxton, Cyndi Williams and Billy Bob Thornton. Thornton along with Tom Epperson wrote the screenplay and veteran TV actor Carl Franklin directs this intense character driven crime drama.  One reason this is one of my favorites, is the majority of the film is set in Arkansas, with an interacial set of main characters. but it doesn’t have the ethnic clichés that most movies set in the south use. And you can thank Arkansas native Billy Bob Thornton and an underrated African- American Director Carl Franklin for that and you can really thank Franklin for the pace, the tone, and the multi layered themes that make this a great film.

It’s important to note that this is one violent film, not SAW graphic, but intense blink in an eye violence  

2 comments: