Thursday, March 31, 2011

the fun is in the debate!

My Better half and me


I love movies!- Oh wait I've already said that, you know what
I am saying it again!!!

I LOVE MOVIES- I stated earlier that I've seen a 1,000 films, so I've been collecting a database of films I've seen and ones to see, at the moment I'm at almost 800 that I have seen, and almost as many that I have not seen- and truthfully many of those I will never want to see. :)



I started this blog,  3 months ago and it's been a blast! I'm having the time of my life, revisiting films and reading about some of my favorite films, actors, and directors.  One thing I have noticed is people love to throw out the word film noir, if a new film is a little edgy or has any type of Detective theme it's a film noir,           aaaaa no it ain't! 

and just because a new film is half way decent doesn't make it an instant classic- I don like instant tea, instant grits, instant coffee and I really don't like an instant movie classics. 

A Bit of trivia- Name the movie, the street in the picture to the right,  is a big part of? 
A hint it's in San Francisco  

I think I understand films but I’m not a critic, or an academic. 
So sometimes I'm full of ....
There really isn't any criteria, except, a film has to be at least 10 years old. I need to think about  and revisit a film  away from its  original time frame, other than that there are no other criteria.
If I started this list next year, it might be a different list, but certainly many of the films would be in a different order, the one thing I am sure of is you all will not agree with me! that's cool- 
the fun is in the debate!
It's already started! I've already received some wonderful emails or comments about why was this film on your list? why was that film so low? or this? or that?
The fun is in the debate and I would love to hear from everyone, so please keep those emails & comments coming!

 I thought for this blog
I would mention 25 films that didn't make my list, but could have- 
these are in no particular order:



                                             
                                                  




                                                 Night on earth, 1991, Jim Jarmusch
                                                  











 



                                                 





The Birds, 1963 directed by Alfred Hitchcock

                                                                                                                                      
















































                                                                                                                            Dumbo, 1941












                                                                                                                  It happened one Night, 1934 directed by Frank Capra           





                                            Choose me, 1984 directed by Alan Rudolph
















                                           





                                              Eurupa, 1951 Directed by Roberto Rossellini






The Baker's Wife (La femme du boulanger)  1938, directed byMarcel Pagnol











                                                          




                             The Gold Rush, 1925 Directed by Charles Chaplin
                                                          








                   Au Hasard Balthazar, 1966 Directed by  Robert Bresson








Brother from another planet, 1984 Directed by John Sayles














Being There, 1979 directed by Hal Ashby




 
















































1 comment:

  1. I would have put half these films on my top 100 list
    and a few of them I would not have placed them on a top 1000 list!

    ReplyDelete